Instructional Designer (full-time)
Posting DetailsPosting Number:Regular_0091129Position Title:Instructional Designer (full-time)Classification TitleEducational Technology CoordinatorMin Salary$ 59,374Max Salary$ 68,280Salary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:Position Summary:
The Instructional Designer will develop and maintain support resources/materials for instructional design. Coordinate and conduct faculty development sessions on instructional design, including: effective online course design, accessibility (ADA/Section 504) of digital content, and learning management system features and functionality. Evaluate courses for quality design. Aid faculty in the development of online course content that meets quality standards.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, supporting faculty and college instructional support technology initiatives/needs, preparing and/or conducting related training sessions, maintaining appropriate records/files, researching and planning, and participating on committees, as assigned.
The Instructional Designer must possess good organizational and research skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills with online instruction applications software, have a customer service focus and a strong work ethic.
This is a 12 month, full-time position that reports to the Director of Distance Education.Staff Required Education/Experience:
Education and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar.
– Minimum two years experience providing training and support for instructional design in a community college or university environment.
– Experience developing content to meet quality standards in an online learning management system.
– Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
Ability to communicate effectively
Mastery of Microsoft Office.
– Experience creating audio/video content for instruction or training.
– Documented ability to design and develop support and training materials.
– Experience creating online content that meets ADA/Section 504
Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
– interest and ability to learn and apply new technologies;
– ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and responsibilities;
– methodical and demonstrates close attention to detail;
– strong work ethic and service/team attitude.
Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar.
Experience developing content to meet quality standards in Blackboard.
Goal setting and strategic planning experience.
- Documented ability to interact effectively in a diverse, multi-cultural community.
– Ability to lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials (up to 50lbs).
– Must be committed to the “open door” philosophy.
Typically 8am – 5pm Monday-Friday.
Occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
1. Remains current on methods of instruction and collaboration to enhance teaching and learning, and assists in the identification and development of recommendations and requirements for effective content development strategies and solutions.Duty and Responsibility:
2. Collaborates with faculty on the the development of quality course content, including design and implementation of learning activities, tools, software and materials to support and improve college courses and programs, conducting course reviews and and supporting users through the development of documentation and workshops on course design and related topics.Duty and Responsibility:
3. Assists in the collection of data and prepares operational records and reports.Duty and Responsibility:
4. Designs content to support instruction; includes developing and/or posting web content; creating, editing, and manipulating graphics, images, audio, and video files; and/or performing related duties.Duty and Responsibility:
5. Serves the College by instructing one course per semester, based on credentials and academic needs (unless otherwise approved by the employee’s manager), and serving on College and State committees as required/approved by the employee’s manager.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Computer Science or a related field?
- * How many years of experience do you have providing training and support for instructional design in a community college or university environment?
- 0 - 2
- 2 -5
- * How many years of experience do you have developing content for an online learning management system?
- 0 - 3
- 4 - 7
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document