Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for Global Initiatives
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for Global Initiatives - IWU-National & Global
Serves as receptionist and administrative support for Global Initiatives, IWU-National & Global.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPReports to the Dean of Global Education, IWU-National & GlobalDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary receptionist for Global Initiatives and assists in setting a professional and welcoming tone.
- Assist the Dean of Global Education and Coordinator of Global Operations with a wide variety of administrative, clerical and operational duties including but not limited to answering phones and emails, travel arrangements, purchase reconciliation, scheduling meetings, international faculty postings and hiring processes, maintenance of updated documents on the portal.
- Serve as primary point of contact for students via email, phone, international communication apps.
- Assist with supporting Global Initiatives communication outlets (social media, website content).
- Assist with Spanish/English translation of written and oral communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
Proficient bilingual skills required; Spanish/English (reading, writing, listening, speaking)Experience: Previous work experience where responsibilities included:1.Advanced oral and written communication skills2.Accuracy and attention to detail3.Interpersonal skills- customer service, teamwork4.Experience with a variety of office technology – computers, copier, fax machine, switchboard, etc.5.Excellent working knowledge with word processing, presentation software, databases, and spreadsheets (MS Office).Proficient knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including basic formulas and charts and virtual conferencing (Zoom).6.Experience with handling confidential information.LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer