Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleProgrammer IDepartmentSYS-IT Shared Services-925000Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary Information$48,600.00Department Summary
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.Position Overview
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Programmer I to join our team. The Programmer I performs entry-level to routine (journey-level) computer programming work, responsible for design, development, testing, and documentation of enterprise information systems, as well as troubleshooting production problems, responding to problem tickets submitted by functional users, and updating the problem tracking system, as appropriate. Works under direct supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelors Degree with coursework in computing or information systems, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the needed knowledge, skills, and abilities.Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred Qualifications
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience working with a Human Resources business function
- Experience working with PeopleSoft HCM * Experience working with a Higher Education Institution
- Technical skills using SQL and working with large Oracle Database tables
Generally 8am – 5pmDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleProgrammer IPhysical RequirementsSitting Job Duties o
- Develop, update, and maintain computer programs or software processes to meet specific requirements such as storing or retrieving data, or interfacing between systems.
- Code, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, applying knowledge of system capabilities, subject matter, and logic.
- Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Conduct test runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and create detailed test plans to aid user testing.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Letter of Recommendation