Bike Shop Program Coordinator
Job InformationClassification Number900535Classification TitleBike Shop Program CoordinatorDepartmentDean of StudentsLevelLevel C (Specialist)Job Description
This position is for the academic year and will require approximately 5 hours of work each week. The Bike Shop Program Coordinator is required to have bike maintenance skills and should have organizational experience/skills. The Bike Shop Program Coordinator sets his/her own hours, as part of The Bike Shop Program scheduling.
It is the Coordinator’s responsibility to develop The Bike Shop hours for the fall (3-4 hours a night / 4 nights a week) and spring term (still undetermined). The Coordinator will develop the schedule for workshops and open hours, hire and schedule other students to work as Bike Shop employees. The Coordinator will ensure that workshops are conducted, records of attendees are maintained, shop rules are followed and open hours are properly staffed.
The Coordinator is responsible for:
- Write grants and apply for funding as necessary
- Inform the campus community of the program:
- Send out an all-campus email each semester
- The purpose of the program
- How people can participate
- Assist by providing Public Safety Bike Registrations at the Bike Shop
- Create The Bike Shop schedule for workshops and open hours for the Fall and Spring Term.
- Provide The Bike Shop schedule (workshop and open hours) to Lisa Boudah at the beginning of each week.
- Utilize grant funds to purchase parts and tools as necessary from the Bike Center and Aubochon Hardware needed for the workshops
- Prepare and send out a Bike Shop report each term to include number of workshops held and number of attendees at each workshop (to the Environmental Council, and Lisa Boudah)
- Ensure that the basement work and storage area at Adirondack House is maintained and report all building problems to facilities
- Assist in hiring Bike Mechanics
- Keep track of hours and submit to BannerWeb
- Time management is essential and work cannot occur as unpaid time.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Are you the recipient of Federal Work Study or College Job as stated on your financial aid award letter?