College Work Study for Human Resources
Posting DetailsStudent Employment TypeCollege Work StudyPosition TitleCollege Work Study for Human ResourcesPosting NumberStu00747Recruitment TypeCCGA Students OnlyNature of Work
This is a 15 hour per week maximum, College Work Study student position reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator. The student in this position will gain valuable experience as they assist Human Resources personnel with clerical tasks and special projects as well as provide front office coverage. This position requires one who will positively represent the Office of Human Resources to various internal and external customers and portray a professional demeanor at all times.Essential Duties
- Extends customer service to faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Process mail.
- Answer phone calls as a representative of Human Resources and the College, route and transfer calls to the appropriate person in a professional manner, and take detailed phone messages.
- Prepares and files documents for long-term and short-term storage.
- Perform various office tasks including making copies, typing, shredding paper, stuffing envelopes.
- Run errands on campus.
- Work with confidential information
- Other duties as assigned
College Work Study eligible persons will have received an Award Letter in Coast and will need to upload that letter to the documents area when applying to this job. Follow the instruction in the “Special Instructions to Applicant” area to locate your Award Letter.
Additional requirements include:
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have knowledge of general office equipment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Must have completed the FAFSA and been notified by the Financial Aid Office that you are eligible for College Work Study funds
Business MajorWork Hours Based on the student's class schedule and the needs of the department.Special Instructions to Applicants
Upload a copy of your Financial Aid award letter for the Aid Year in which you are seeking employment. You will upload it in the documents area of the employment application. To locate your award letter follow the instructions below:
- Log into COAST via the my.CCGA portal
- Click on Financial Aid
- Click on My Award Information
- Award By Aid Year
- Select the Aid Year and click submit (Please use aid year for which you are seeking employment)
- Select the Award Overview tab and scroll to the bottom to show your award for the year.
- Press PrtScn (print screen) on your keyboard to copy then paste your award information into a word document to save.
- Upload it to the documents area when applying for the job.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date08/20/2020Close Date05/31/2021Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?
- * Has Federal College Work Study funds been offered to you on your award letter in COAST? You will need to upload a copy of your award letter when prompted to do so.
- Cover Letter
- Coast Award Letter