Landscape Technician I
Posting DetailsPosition TitleLandscape Technician IPosting NumberSta00594Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available YesNature of Work
The Landscape Technician I position is manual labor of a physically demanding nature which involves performing a variety of grounds and landscaping duties and assisting with occasional building maintenance activities. The work is sometimes performed in adverse climatic conditions. Most duties do not require a high degree of manipulative skill; however, as work experience is gained, employees may be assigned to somewhat more difficult tasks of a semi-skilled nature. Work is closely supervised with the employee receiving specific instructions at the beginning of each new job. The usual work schedule is Monday thru Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. However, other hours may be necessary and occasional overtime may be expected.Essential Duties
- Performs laboring work digging ditches, planting and pruning shrubbery, cutting lawns, using hand tools, and power mowers
- Rakes and loads grass and brush; cleans grounds; waters plants and assists in the caring of shrubs, flowers, and grass
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls using clippers and edging tools
- Waters lawns and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler system
- Occasionally assists with spraying lawns, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer and insecticides. May drive a truck and light construction equipment with responsibility for safe and efficient operation
- May assist with loading and unloading trucks, moving furniture, and setting up facilities for special events
- May assist with simple building maintenance tasks
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of standard power and hand tools associated with landscaping and maintaining grounds.
- Ability to steer and drive a commercial lawn mower and perform manual labor such as shoveling, raking, and weed eating for extended periods of time, often under adverse climatic conditions such as extremely hot or cold temperatures or light rain.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a repetitive basis and to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to understand safety rules and instructions and to exercise appropriate caution with job-specific hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a Motor Vehicle Report background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test if position is offered and accepted
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date07/08/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Do you possess a current driver's license?