Ad-Interim Instructor-Computer Science & Information Systems
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-15
Job TitleAd-Interim Instructor-Computer Science & Information SystemsAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentComputer Science & Info SystemProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Computer Science & Information Science at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking applicants for a non-tenure track temporary Ad-Interim Instructor position to teach courses within the Computer Science program. The position will begin January 2021. The duration of this appointment is for 4.5 months, Spring 2021 semester. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Areas of teaching assignments include, but not limited to:
- Cyber Security,
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligent,
- Computer Software and Programming,
- Computer Architecture and Networks.
Faculty are expected to have a current knowledge of the Computer and Information Science profession and related research fields.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: an earned Master’s degree from an ABET accredited U.S. institution with a major field of study in Computer Science, Information Science, or closely related discipline.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Doctorate degree from an ABET accredited U.S. institution with a major field of study in Computer Science, Information Science, or closely related discipline. Relevant experience in Computer Science and Information Science industry
- Computer Software/Hardware/Security/AI/Big Data Experience
- Higher education teaching experience, including online course development and instruction
- A record of scholarship; publications, presentations, and grant proposals
- Experience with working with culturally diverse populations
- Knowledge of ABET accreditation
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.