Fort Valley State University's Biology Department is seeking candidates for the Laboratory Manager position. The Laboratory Manager is responsible for assisting in setting up freshman/ biology laboratory exercises, teaching freshman/sophomore labs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Procure laboratory specimens.
- Set materials and specimens for laboratory instructions.
- Teach Freshman and Sophomores labs.
- Grade Freshman and sophomore lab reports.
- Assist faculty members in assembling and setting up materials for upper class laboratory exercises.
- M.S. degree in Biology/Zoology.
- Specialized knowledge in genetics, cell biology and vertebrate physiology.
- Previous experience at a similar position.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Travel will not be required for this position.
- Laboratory instructions will be taught mostly during the Morning/Afternoon/Evening.
- Working outdoors be specific.
- Climate controlled environment.
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time but no lifting heavy objects.
- There may be instances where performing repetitive tasks occur.