Student Assistant - Human Resources
Position Title:Student Assistant - Human Resources Job Category:Student Department:Human Resources - 7010310 Division:President Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
Human Resources is seeking a bright, energetic student to support the HR Operations Team. The HR Operations Team is dedicated to providing a supportive environment to the campus community through partnership, consultations and more. As a student representative of Human Resources, the individual in this position will be the first point of contact for visitors, deliveries, and must portray a positive, professional demeanor at all times.
- Answer phones and direct callers to the appropriate resource for resolution.
- Assist with greeting internal and external visitors in the HR suite.
- Light administrative support such as making copies, organizing various confidential documents, and data entry.
- Provide project support in the areas of onboarding, training, and recruiting.
- Assist with the development and implementation of student employment programs.
- Assist with the coordination of various job openings in applicant tracking system.
- Assist internal employees and external candidates with various inquiries.
- Assist and participate in various career fairs.
- Conduct follow-ups with hiring managers and potential student employees; respond appropriately to various inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in performing confidential personnel matters.
- Ability to be highly organized, attentive to details; as well as time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Business major or interest in Human Resource workforce.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt