Research Coordinator II
Research Coordinator IIJob no: 506344
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Department of Public Health
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade range
Applications Open: Sep 14 2020
General Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Coordinator II is responsible for independently carrying out multiple complex and diverse research initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, behavioral or health care field
- 3 years of related experience
- Proficient in use of productivity software (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, EndNote, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Knowledge of web-based database construction (e.g., REDCap)
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal requirements for the conduct of human studies
- Strong communication skills, both the oral and written necessary to interact with study participants and local community organizations, project team members
- Excellent organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Experience in working with government health agencies
- Knowledge of geography and communities in Central and Northeastern Massachusetts
- Master’s degree in a scientific, behavioral or health care field
- Experience in assisting investigators and government officials with preparation of peer-reviewed publications or reports
- Prior experience in working in communities
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
- All staff must have gone through human subjects protection training, and active certification for human subject studies (e.g., CITI certificates).
- All staff are required to work in communities, and interact with clients/study participants on and off campus as needed by the projects.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.