Educational Outreach Specialist - part time and grant funded (search re-opened)
Posting DetailsJob TitleEducational Outreach Specialist - part time and grant funded (search re-opened)Classification TitleDepartmentTRiO/Talent SearchWork LocationMain CampusDuties
Under the supervision of the Director of TRIO Educational Talent Search, the Educational Outreach Specialist will provide and monitor individual and group services to each program participants to achieve grant objectives. The Educational Outreach Specialist is dedicated to assisting students in college preparation by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, public administration, social work or equivalent field required; Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum one to three years’ experience working with students, preferably low income, academically under-prepared populations, required.
The Educational Outreach Specialist will have demonstrated teaching and/or counseling experience, sensitivity to the needs of disadvantaged students; ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds, expertise in computer applications, and background similar to those of the target population preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Hours to be determined – 25 hours per weekMinimum Starting Rate$25.02Hourly/SalaryHourlyReview of Applications Begins09/25/2020Posting NumberAP00280POpen Date09/11/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please apply online.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- * Do you have the minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work or equivalent field?
- * Do you have the minimum of one to three years’ experience working with students, preferably low income, academically under-prepared populations?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document