Department:: Undergrad Admissions
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Sep 16, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 06801
Position ID:: 124949
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Data Analyst, as part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, will be responsible for developing reports, providing analysis, and maintaining databases in support of admissions and enrollment.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from a variety of sources and prepare reports related to student recruitment, admissions, and enrollment management
- Complete competitor and market share analyses and research national higher education trends to assist with strategic planning and decision making
- Maintain the integrity of enrollment management and admissions databases: ensure accuracy of data, develop error reports, and fix data errors and inconsistencies
- Develop and continuously assess predictive models
- Assist with survey tool development, administration and analysis
- Assist in computer systems/software upgrades and implementation of new systems/software
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrated prior data analysis experience
- Experience using SAS, SPSS or other computer/statistical programming software
- Proficiency in statistics or social science research methodologies
- Ability to collect, analyze, interpret, and summarize institutional data from a variety of data types
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with a diverse body of faculty, admissions personnel, and external sources
- Experience managing relational databases and validating the accuracy of data elements
- Ability to coordinate competing priorities in a demanding environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency, with intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Master's degree
- Experience with Banner or other student information system in an educational setting
- Experience with data reporting/querying tools
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Experience developing, administering and analyzing surveys
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: September 30, 2020
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.