Performance Management Consultant
Performance Management Consultant
The George Mason University, Human Resources & Payroll Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Performance Management Consultant job opening. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Performance Management Consultant will develop, implement and evaluate performance management policies that support improving the organizational alignment with performance management and lead succession planning efforts.
- Develop, implement and evaluate performance management policies that support improving the organizational alignment with performance management;
- Lead the change leadership necessary to evolve our culture and the behaviors of leaders and employees to move towards this more progressive approach to managing performance;
- Assist both internal and external stakeholders with creating team goals and competencies that align with the strategic goals and objectives of the overall organization;
- Collaborate with Human Resources to implement the new performance management system plans that produce meaningful, specific, measurable, aligned, realistic and time sensitive objectives and competencies;
- Communicate, train and provide guidance and tools to leaders and employees to accomplish performance objectives;
- Conduct facilitation sessions as needed including the development of materials, briefings or other program documentation;
- Develop or revise plans, procedures for performance management as needed;
- Participate in evaluations and assessments designed to identify and define issues, review and analyze data, and evaluate/document best practices;
- Suggest recommendations for policy reforms and work closely with the key HR stakeholders to execute the development and implementation of new policies as necessary;
- Track program or initiative implementation progress and timelines using project or action planning methods.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other departments to create succession strategies and plans that align with key business objectives;
- Implement procedures for the fair assessment of talent for selection and succession management;
- Coordinate with relevant departments to identify major business unit changes/challenges that are impacting talent management;
- Lead the coordination in conjunction with Human Resources, department managers and key business partners to identify potential key roles/jobs, determine the need of successors, talent pools and identify current incumbents in key positions;
- Brief the key stakeholders on all career and succession planning operation, escalate any issues, and provide reports, as required;
- Evaluate succession planning program metrics and manage the results;
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure alignment and linking of succession plans with other Human Resources initiatives (e.g. retention strategies, sourcing strategies);
- Monitor the assessment of skills and experiences required for unmatched critical positions, and report risk areas, if any, to department managers;
- Implement procedures for the fair assessment of talent for selection and succession management.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must have experience with performance management systems;
- Must have the ability to design and implement a succession planning strategy for an organization;
- Must have active experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience serving in a strategic human capital role with expertise in Performance Management and Session planning;
- Minimum of 5 years of recent performance experience required; be highly skilled with the analysis and implementation of performance management programs;
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PP) with comprehensive experience in the design of complex PowerPoint presentations;
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Excellent writing skills with specific attention to detail and demonstrated experience drafting polished and professional policies, procedures and communication;
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical, research and demonstrated customer service skills;
- Flexibility with the approach to delivering of work.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for postion number FA26HZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.