West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 10/5/2020
The Marketing Office at Mission College is looking for a creative and dynamic webmaster (known as an IT Analyst) to handle its college website, missioncollege.edu along with helping maintain missionsaints.com, its athletics site.
Under the direction of the Marketing Director and working closely with the team in the Marketing Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and technical foundation of the college website(s). That person will adhere to ADA guidance. Work with areas of the college in regards to updating and maintaining content. Use analytics to help make decisions on the layout, design, and content of the website. Be creative in its design and continued freshness of the site. Understand and develop SEO strategies. Maintain a strong visual look and branding of Mission College as its front-facing marketing tool. Finally have a high degree of competency in creating a dynamic and engaging website. The college uses Omni Update as its content management system.
Mission College is a two-year community college in the heart of Silicon Valley, located in Santa Clara, next to Great America and Levi's Stadium. We have students from 33 countries and offer degrees, certificates, transfer opportunities, and hands-on / career education. Mission College serves a region of the San Francisco Bay Area that includes urban neighborhoods, business centers and residential communities. Nestled in the heart of Silicon Valley, Mission College enjoys an entrepreneurial and innovative energy in sync with its closest technology and business neighbors. Mission College has been identified by the federal government as being both an AANAPISI and a Hispanic-serving institution. Currently, Federal HSI and AANAPISI grants support our efforts to bridge achievement gaps for these groups.
The successful candidate will be an equity-minded professional committed to closing achievement gaps and further committed to collaboration with faculty, classified professional staff, administration, students and members of the greater community towards student success.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of November 16, 2020. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $10,864-$11,915 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Information Technology Analyst classification, Range 90, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible, professional information technology experience related to area of assignment.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as technical lead for medium and large projects related to the website
- Be able to organize and multi-task requests effectively
- Work independently and quickly in a face-paced, technical environment
- Work some off-hours and may need to be on call on occasion
- Have limited to advanced design capabilities using the Adobe Suite
- Provide creative solutions to produce attractive, innovative, and easy-to-use site(s).
- Maximize the effectiveness of site user interface including interaction, usability, and visual design.
- Ensure brand consistency and professionalism across the site
- Interface and be highly communicative to departments across the campus.
- Use analytics, create monthly reports and offer suggestions on usage
- Serve as a training resource for faculty and staff to “own” their own pages
- Maintain and sometimes enhance microsites in multiple languages
- Work with other IT specialists at the District and at Mission in regards to college web servers, including back-ups, search engines, logs, and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues of the website.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency