Part-Time Lead Academic Counselor- Counseling Department - FY 2021
Part-Time Lead Academic Counselor- Counseling Department - FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Department of Counseling Services will provide integrated student and retention, wrap-around and one-stop services in the Student Union and Areas of Study. The Department Assistant Program Lead will serves as administrative support to the Campus VP and Department Chair in designing, implementing and monitoring assigned team projects and monitoring services. Establishing a Department Assistant Program Lead position at each campus that focuses on strengthening services and building relationships with students, faculty and staff will increase student success and retention.
The Assistant Lead will be a point of contact for monitoring Early Alert initiatives and referrals on the campus in coordination with Counseling Teams assigned to each Area of Study. Assistant Leads will work closely with the student support and retention staff to provide wrap-around student services that meet the unique needs of our student population.
As an integrated department, the Counseling team understands and values the role faculty play in building relationships with our students. In alliance with Guided Pathways, the Assistant Lead will support the college initiative of creating sustainable and integrated retention and support services designed to meet the needs of our students, increase student retention and completion. Additionally, the Assistant Lead will be a critical partner in addressing the Equity Gap by assisting in the continued development of a business model that drives practices of shared resources, accountability, and performance measures for student completion, food security, shelter, workforce development and job placement.
Scope: Scope of Work/Projects Deliverables
E-Alert Campus Lead
- Assistant Lead will serve as E-Alert Campus Liaison and Trainer
- Assist with the development of E-Alert, mentoring and training program (online and in-person)
- Receive and respond to E-Alerts not assigned to Counselors in Areas of Study
- Monitor and track responses, services and performance with campus E-Alert and wrap-around services
- Develop data reports and coordinate with department chairs and Counselors regarding EARS referrals, issues, resolutions and resources
- Will provide on line and in person mentoring support, program workshops in coordination with Multicultural Services and Student Life and Leadership staff
Student Success Program Staff/Student Success Retention Team
- Work collaboratively with Campus Support and Retention Services staff to coordinate comprehensive student services for students
- Serve on the Integrated Support and Retention Services Campus action team and College committee
- Develop workshops and just in time department trainings in collaboration with CAPE staff
- Provide monthly data reports on department progress (template to be developed by Campus Vice President)
- Monitoring of students
- Assist with the design and evaluation instruments to assess the effectiveness of Student Success Strategies (e.g., co-curricular activities and programs).
- Develop a plan for sustainability from evaluation information to maintain successful efforts, learn best practices, and make recommendations to support the communities served.
- Provide updates and presentations to Department Chair.
Rate of Pay:
$925.00 Per Instructional Unit
To be considered for this position, all applicants must attach the following documents onto their application.
- Cover Letter
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Lead-Academic-Counselor--Counseling-Department---FY-2021_R0122509
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency