Job Number: 87306
Job Code: 4421
Job Grade: G
Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of Business Affairs, whose vision is to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research. Business Affairs' mission is to provide integrated financial, technical, business and Human Resources services for the benefit of the Stanford Community.
Within FMS, Procurement Services oversees the policies, processes, and systems associated with buying and paying activities at the university.
In this rewarding position within the Procurement Services department, as the Risk Analyst you will be responsible for all aspects of vendor risk assessment and management.
The Risk Analyst role supports the Risk & Program Manager and Director of Vendor Services in all aspects of the vendor risk management program for the Stanford campus. Responsibilities include facilitating the identification of risks, implementing methodologies for risk assessment and reporting and monitoring of risk management issues throughout the organization.
- Support the operational risk management process for the campus.
- Contribute to vendor services and vendor risk management objectives and initiatives and local implementation of these objectives and initiatives.
- Actively contribute to the identification, research, evaluation and resolution and prioritization of risks affecting the operations.
- Participate in and support the “First Line of Defense” activities, including partnering with the operational teams on controls, risk assessment and operational incident and losses reporting.
- Support the risk team's reporting obligations internally and externally as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Support the vendor risk assessment activities, including risk governance group meeting preparation and support, meeting minutes and follow-up on deliverables.
- Assist with the execution of the risk mapping process, as well as the monitoring and reporting of the risk mapping results. Monitor and analyze risk mapping self-assessments conducted by the operational teams and risk owners.
- Manage the identification, monitoring and assessment of critical and top risks impacting Vendor Services.
- Assure organizational compliance with all risk and related policies.
- Support continuous risk monitoring, reporting and SLAs.
- Assist with responses to internal audit requests.
- Perform risk reporting for US Entities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with process and risk owners.
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular MS Excel and MS access. Utilize other analytical, collaboration, and reporting tools to innovate on internal processes.
- Ability to work independently while representing the department with the highest level of professionalism.
- Maintain productive client relationship with knowledge and understanding of client's vendor services requirements.
- Assist with other vendor risk management duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Prior Vendor and Procurement management experience a plus
Prior Risk or compliance experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well versed in university and procurement policy, and working knowledge of vendor risk assessments and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in risk analysis, risk mitigation and assessment for various types of services including, but not limited to, architectural design, technology, residential and dining, construction, licensing, and consulting services.
- Independent, self-motivated nature and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem solving skills.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy.
Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Choose health or fitness classes which are currently being offered virtually. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
FMS invites you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply Online” link. Please submit an online application, resume, and cover letter.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4421
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://neurosurgery.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 87306
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency