Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator
The College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences is the largest and most diverse academic unit at the University of Denver, where students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed at nearly any career in todays global society. The majority of our departments and schools offer masters or PhD programs.
The DU College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences is committed to fostering a community of excellence, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusiveness. We see first-hand the educational, artistic, and scholarly benefits of creating and maintaining an accessible and equitable experience for all in our college, priorities that strengthen our academic community of learners and knowledge makers. As such, we strive to comprise a student body and faculty and staff that represent diverse peoples and perspectives, and to offer curriculum and skills that help prepare students for ethical and engaged citizenship in todays global society. Our intentional commitment to advance diversity, equity and inclusion remains critical to CAHSSs mission of providing a robust liberal and creative arts education in service to the larger public good.
This position supports all recruitment and admissions efforts for the graduate programs in CAHSS. Reporting to the Director of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions, the admissions coordinator will work closely with the recruitment and admissions team in the deans office and with faculty graduate directors and staff within academic departments. The coordinator will respond to prospective student queries via email, phone, and in person, give campus tours, meet with prospective students, coordinate recruitment events like Admit Day, and other interactions with prospective graduate students to build and support strong relationships with prospective students. In addition, the coordinator will work primarily in Slate to support admissions application workflow processes, manage student records, build and send email communications, and support reporting needs in Slate.
This position will be working remote until deemed safe to return to campus. This is not a full time remote position.
RECRUITING AND ADMISSIONS COORDINATION:
- Support Director and other recruitment and admissions staff, both within the deans office and across the college, in recruitment and admissions activities, with an emphasis on excellent internal and external customer service.
- Support Slate functions for the college, including advising faculty and staff on best practices for CRM use.
- Utilize Slate to maintain inquiry and applicant database, including managing student records, monitoring admissions workflows, building and sending email campaigns and other outreach, building and sending reports.
- Coordinate lead generation efforts via list purchases and outreach,
- Partner with Digital Marketing Analyst on follow up to prospective students as appropriate.
- Assist the Director in gathering and disseminating department-level data.
- Collaborate with departments and central offices to organize annual Admit Day activities and outreach.
SUPPORT FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS:
- Advise prospective students regarding general program information, admission requirements, and prerequisites. Respond in a timely manner to queries via email, phone, in person regarding all aspects of CAHSS graduate programs. Connect prospective students with departments as appropriate.
- Direct outreach via email and/or phone to prospective students to solicit and answer questions or encourage follow through with the application process.
- Follow up on leads resulting from individual inquiries and from marketing/recruitment efforts.
- Provide campus tours and set up class visits as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of experience working in an office or military setting.
- Some graduate coursework.
- Two years of administrative experience in an office or military setting.
- Experience working with college/university admissions.
- Experience working with Technolutions Slate, Ellucian Banner, or other CRMs.
Work Schedule:Part-time, 20 hours per week. Will work 5 days a week, 4 hours per day.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, September 28th, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $19.00- $21.50.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.