Nursing CAS Academic Specialist
Brief Description of Duties
The Professional Recruiter/Academic Advising Specialist for CAUSES reports directly to the Chair for the Department of Health Nursing and Nutrition and is responsible for recruitment, advising, and enrollment into the Registered Nurse Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) and will assist with recruitment efforts for other programs within CAUSES.. The incumbent represents the nursing, nutrition, and other programs to targeted constituencies to develop, grow, and sustain relationships with identified partners within the institution and community. Incumbent will serve as an academic advisor in the nursing program, to help streamline and advance the nursing program student enrollment with the goal of increasing admissions to the nursing program each academic semester. Incumbent will have supervisory responsibilities of directing the work of staff.
The incumbent will work closely and cooperatively with the Dean, Associate Deans, Directors, and staff. Incumbent must be creative and progressive, a team player, work effectively and efficiently, perform duties with independence, initiative, and reliability, work well under the pressure of deadlines and be familiar with or become familiar with the regulations, policies and procedures as established by the University, District of Columbia Government, ACEN, and other accrediting associated with nursing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Act as the Liaison between the University and the Nursing CAS system and aid student to navigate the Nursing CAS and Castle Branch systems.
2. Serves as the point of contact for internal coordination of the college RN-BSN nursing student recruitment and enrollment management goals using specific knowledge gained from the university of admission, registration criteria, financial aid, and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
3. Represents the RN-BSN Nursing program at targeted events; visit local hospital facilities, community colleges, and other institutions where registered nurses are employed
4. Represents other non-nursing programs at the directions of the Dean of CAUSES
5. Supervisory responsibility for staff that is assigned specifically to the nursing program
6. Responsible for evaluating confidential documents related to admission of nursing and non-nursing students and hiring of nursing adjuncts.
7. Develops, coordinates, and implement recruitment strategies for the nursing program that specifically targets the registered nurse with an Associate degree.
8. Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential RN-BSN nursing students using specific knowledge on the university and college educational programs and degree options
9. Develops and maintain partnerships and/or affiliate agreements between the college and local schools/colleges, alumni networks, faculty, community partners, and other identified groups throughout the DMV area
10. Participates in national and local college recruitment fairs for nursing, conferences, and related outreach events; coordinate event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials, and information from the college programs.
11. Participates in all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials within budgetary and operational approval.
12. Collaborates with University Admissions and Enrollment units representing the nursing program
13. Prepares reports on nursing student admission, registration, and recruitment efforts
14. Reviews student admission packets and prepare for the faculty admission committee
15. Prepares accepted student notification and information packets; organizes new student orientation; maintains and updates admitted student data through enrollment.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor Science in Nursing degree is the minimum requirement. A master’s degree (preferred). RN Licensure required
The position requires experience in advising and recruitment; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The incumbent must be able to interact effectively with students of various ages, abilities, and ethnic backgrounds.
A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.