Assistant Director, OneStop Training
Job no: 513651
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Education/Instructional, Student Affairs/Services
Department:03010000 - EM-ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT ADMIN
AST DIR, Academic Support SvcsJob Description:
The University of Florida seeks an innovative, experienced and dynamic individual to develop and manage a comprehensive cross-functional training program for a group of enrollment management offices that work together to provide cross-functional student services. The offices of Admissions, University Registrar, Student Financial Affairs and University Bursar collaborate as the OneStop Enrollment Services group to deliver high quality, student-centric enrollment services. A one-stop shared student services approach will enable UF to streamline processes and serve student and campus constituents, regardless of which office is initially contacted. Using virtual, self-service, and in-person modalities, the one-stop approach simplifies and enhances access to UF’s comprehensive suite of enrollment services to support student success throughout the entire enrollment lifecycle.
This position, which reports to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management, is directly responsible for designing, developing, evaluating and implementing ongoing comprehensive cross-functional training programs to ensure frontline service representatives and appropriate staff receive coordinated training in all of the functional service areas represented in the OneStop group. The positon is also responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining the repository of information in the Knowledge Base necessary to support the virtual OneStop services to students. The Knowledge Base also serves as a resource for frontline staff and other campus constituents. The position collaborates with the leaders in each of the respective OneStop support units, UF Information Technology Office, and other departments across campus to evaluate needs, create curriculum, deliver training, and optimize on-going operations so that UF can continue to provide superior modernized support with a specific interest in increasing efficiencies for student enrollment and retention to support student success.
The University of Florida is a top ten, public research university located in Gainesville, Florida. The state's oldest and most comprehensive university, UF is among the nation's most academically diverse public universities. The University of Florida enrolls over 54,000 students, including 36,000 undergraduates, and employs over 31,000 faculty, staff, and contingent employees.
- Lead the development, design, facilitation, evaluation and implementation of new and existing training programs and resources for staff in the OneStop group. Assist the Assistant Vice President with the establishment of training program goals and future direction of training the OneStop team.
- Coordinate a comprehensive training program in collaboration with stakeholders and other campus offices to ensure that staff have the knowledge base and skills necessary to provide outstanding service to students and clients. Facilitate the delivery of training through various media and avenues including but not limited to personal presentations, online modules, instructional guides, web simulations, job shadowing, role-playing, hands-on practical applications, and presentations by subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with other campus offices to assess training needs and share information to promote and support other campus partners in the provision of optimum services to students and other clients. Assist with training other trainers (subject matter experts) to deliver training in a manner that is appropriate to audiences with various learning styles.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the knowledge base and content update for the virtual OneStop site, working closely with the functional areas and the web and communications team. Working with the subject matter experts and the communications team, lead the development, review, and regular update of content on the virtual OneStop to ensure that the information provided is current, accurate, and consistent with the knowledge base. Ensure that the content on the virtual site is user-friendly, appropriate, and easy to navigate by the various audiences. Ensure consistent and timely information sharing through various media to enable the OneStop team effectively assists students and other clients.
- Lead the coordination of the OneStop operations during peak periods such as beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Work with the Division of Enrollment Management Communications and Operations Support teams on logistics for the operations. Serve as team lead during the OneStop operations to include managing schedules, workflow, lobby interactions, coordination between areas, and all appropriate actions needed to ensure a positive service experience for the students.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding for Division of Enrollment Management staff, ensuring that the new hire training curriculum for frontline staff is consistent across all representative offices in the OneStop team. Work with the Assistant Vice President to develop and/or facilitate other staff professional development programs for division staff.
- Manage student experience survey report and provide monthly analysis to leadership. Assist the Assistant Vice President with special projects and other duties as needed.
Salary is $65,000. The University of Florida offers a generous benefits package that includes health, life, and dental insurance as well as vacation, sick leave, and personal days.Minimum Requirements:
This position requires a master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experiencePreferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in organizational needs assessment, instructional design, particularly on an e-learning platform, training, and evaluation. The candidate must be an independent and innovative thinker with strong writing and editorial skills, customer-service orientation, and excellent interpersonal skills. The incumbent should demonstrate an understanding of the various business processes and complex transactions that universities regularly provide to students. Experience training staff for a shared services or OneStop environment is preferred. Experience using and/or implementing various technologies to modernize and improve customer service (CRM, Case Management, Knowledge base,etc.) is also preferredSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
For additional information or to apply please visit: http://jobs.ufl.edu (Job # 513651) or https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/513651/assistant-director-onestop-training .
Application packets should include a cover letter, resume and reference list. The cover letter should address how the applicant’s qualifications and experience meet the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Applications must be submitted by midnight on 9/20/20, and will be reviewed and considered as received.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 10 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time