Academic Assistant II - Medical Education
Job no: 514626
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Student Affairs/Services
Department:29010805 - MD-MEDICAL EDUCATION
Academic Assistant IIJob Description:
The College of Medicine’s Medical Education Office within Educational Affairs is recruiting for an Academic Assistant II position. This position provides program support to faculty for multiple complex courses in Phase 1 of the medical school curriculum, the Committee on Program Evaluation and Student Assessment (CPESA), Director of Program Evaluation and Student Assessment and the Assistant Director for Academic Support Services, and the Director of the Collaborative Learning Groups. This position interacts with College of Medicine faculty, staff, and students.
- Provides program support to faculty for multiple complex courses in Phase 1 of the medical school curriculum including, but not limited to, verifying course schedules, preparing quizzes and examination for upload to testing center software, and scheduling exams and post exam reviews in the testing center. The person in this position will act as our office’s liaison with the National Board of Medical Examiners. Coordinate with other staff to ensure that all lectures and learning activities are added to the calendar/curriculum management system. Works with the staff of the Anaclerio Learning and Assessment Center to schedule learning activities and performance-based assessments. Maintains course pages using Canvas learning management system, uploads course materials to course modules, and manages gradebooks. Verifies and submits teaching effort certification for faculty who teach in the assigned courses. Oversees textbook adoptions. Coordinates submission of requests for courses that require material & supply fees.
- Provides support for the Committee on Program Evaluation and Student Assessment (CPESA) by compiling and updating the data summary for each course and clerkship for review, adding committee recommendations to the report, and coordinating the response/action plan by the course/clerkship director for inclusion in the final report. Assists in preparation and dissemination of the Committee’s annual report to the Curriculum Committee for the College of Medicine.
- Provide support for the Director of Program Evaluation and Student Assessment and the Assistant Director for Academic Support Services to create and maintain dashboards for key educational outcome data. Creates surveys and questionnaires for program evaluation needs and for students and faculty who are conducting survey research.
- Provides support for the Director of the Collaborative Learning Groups. Creates small group rosters for the entering first year students that are demographically balanced. Supports faculty facilitators by reserving rooms, preparing materials, and collecting and uploading students’ assignments.
- Serves as backup for the other course managers and staff of the Office of Educational Affairs, as needed. Performs other duties as requested by leadership in Medical Education.
$18.00 - $20.00 hourly; commensurate of education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- 2-year degree
- Demonstrated experience in higher education
- Experience in medical education support
- Extensive experience with Canvas Learning Management System
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects independently. Must be self-directed, able to prioritize work assignments, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to collect data and write reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher) is essential. Higher level Excel skills are particularly important (e.g., lookup functions)
- Demonstrated ability to collect data and create reports. Experience using Qualtrics, to develop and administer surveys and questionnaires
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references.
This is a time-limited position.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 14 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time