Asset Specialist I
Job no: 514624
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:64405000 - FA-AM-ASSET MANAGEMENT
Asset Specialist IJob Description:
Asset Management is accepting applications for an Asset Specialist I. This position is responsible for picking-up, recording, and disposing of surplus property on the UF campus. The successful candidate will pick-up surplus property at departments around campus, deliver them to the Surplus warehouses, properly record the property, and dispose of the property by transfer back to UF departments, recycle, or online auction.
Specific duties include:
- Drive to various locations on campus as scheduled by the scheduling area personnel to remove surplus equipment and deliver the property to the Surplus warehouses.
- Review the equipment on-site and verify that it is the correct surplus equipment, per the pick-up report, and that it has been tagged and scanned into the inventory system following all Surplus guidelines.
- Place surplus property on internet auctions that includes: photographing items and listing items for sale on auction sites with detail write-ups.
- Ensure recycling is completed accurately and efficiently according to UF policies and procedures.
- Greet visitors to surplus warehouse, answer incoming telephone calls, resolve customer questions whether on campus or in the warehouse, trouble shoot issues, and resolve disputes when they arise.
- Assist in obtaining surplus property from warehouse to the loading dock for customers and assist loading property in customer’s vehicles, which occasionally may require the use of a fork lift for large items from the Surplus Property Warehouse.
- Perform other duties assigned or required by the Supervisor or Manager
$14.00 - $15.00 per hour; commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Valid Florida driver's license.Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to organize and coordinate work activities
- Perform basic arithmetic
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with others
- Project a positive and professional attitude with others
- Take ownership of the job
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Review data for accuracy and completeness
- Use sound business judgment when decision making
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with correct grammar usage
- Adept to managing time and setting priorities
- Keen attention to detail
- Organize and file materials
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- Use of warehouse equipment
- Strong computer software proficiency that includes database and various software applications and scanner and camera hardware
- The person in this position must be physically able to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
This position requires successful completion of a criminal background check.
This position requires a Forklift Certification every 3 years as required by the University of Florida.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 14 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time