OPS Clinical Service Representative
Job no: 514609
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Office/Clerical, Other
Department:34080103 - DN-ORAL SURGERY RESIDENT
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the College of Dentistry seeks applications for a temporary full-time OPS Clinical Service Representative.
- Schedule OMFS/CID appointments for patients and be knowledgeable of policies for accepting patients into the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery clinic. Along with answering the telephone on a daily basis, contacts new patients by phone regarding appointments as requested. Types and mails letters to all new patients, which includes information about their appointment, payment procedures and map of area. Confirm clinical appointments.
- Gather, verify, and enter demographics and insurance information. Ensure authorizations are in place prior to patient’s arrival; request, scan patient’s dental/medical documents into AxiUm (electronic health record).
- Schedule all incoming (outside) referrals to include, but not limited to UF Health facilities and College of Dentistry clinics.
- Identify and collect deductible, co-payments on services; coordinate appointments with various treating providers within College of Dentistry and UF Health.
- Arrange for interpreters by contacting Centers for Independent Living and/or using CryaCom phone system for patient visits.
- Assists with other clinical office duties as needed.
$10-10.50 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, experience in the insurance field.Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge of standard business formats and styles for letters and business forms
Knowledge of office procedures and practices
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Ability to effectively operate computers
Ability to handle telephone calls in a courteous and effective manner
Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations
Ability to operate general office equipment
This is a time-limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 11 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time