Program Coordinator, Brown Center for Leadership and Service
Job no: 514619
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Department:04080100 - SA-SAI-ADMIN
Program Coordinator, Brown Center for Leadership and ServiceJob Description:Coordinate programs, education, and outreach for students and the campus community related to leadership development
- Create, develop, and implement strategies, plans, and programming for individuals and groups within the UF community related to leadership development, leadership training, and leadership education.Manage on-going leadership development opportunities and programs available for members of the UF Community (e.g. LeadUF, Leadershape, SAILE, Projects for Peace).Plan and manage the day-to-day operation of leadership programming, training, and education including establishing work priorities and workflow; develop goals relevant to the area and provide direction and leadership for goal accomplishment.Recruit and train stakeholders to serve in partnership and/or mentor roles with leadership development programs as appropriate.Recruit participants, coordinate registration, and document and maintain records of attendance, for all activities and programs related to leadership development, leadership training, and leadership education programs and events.Develop and provide leadership and service outreach and presentations to various student and campus partner audiences.Facilitate collaborative partnerships with a variety of campus offices (e.g. academic affairs, administrative affairs, student affairs) as it relates to leadership development.Assist in coordination and management of unit affinity groups (e.g. BCLS Ambassadors), including recruitment, training, student outreach, presentations, and program planning.Interpret and ensure compliance with department and University policies, guidelines, and other relevant regulations including but not limited to use of facilities, ADA compliance, security requirements, and special event approval requirements.Assist with the development of, and appropriate dissemination of, policies and procedures related to program participation, facility and equipment use.
- Provide support for programs, education, and outreach for students and the campus community related to civic engagement and service learning.Coordinate creating initiatives designed for individual or group participation that encourages growth and sustained participation.Collaborate and develop collaborative partnerships with academic units, faculty, service and/or civic organizations in Alachua County, City of Gainesville, and the UF community.Assist with oversight and guidance for off campus programming (e.g. Florida Alternative Break program, Days of Service) that includes but is not limited to program development, program management, program goal achievement, risk management, and on-site event management.Provide help as needed with oversight for planning and implementation of academic course related to service-learning, integration of service learning into event and trip planning, safety and risk management, and related topics.Support and advise recognition programs for volunteers and community members (e.g. Presidential Service Awards).
- Assist with assigned portion of area budget and track expenditures related to assigned responsibilities.Support in the development and implementation of program assessments and reporting.Collaborate on risk mitigation strategies and practices and serve as emergency/crisis/incident responder as necessary.Coordinate alumni outreach initiatives on behalf the of the department as needed.Assist with providing oversight and advisement for major campus-wide events hosted by registered student organizations.Collaborate to develop marketing and promotions strategy for educating students and encouraging co-curricular involvement.Assist with the development, implementation, and guiding goals and strategic planning for programs and initiatives offered by the department.
- Serve on Division of Student Affairs or University of Florida committees as needed.
$45,000, AnnuallyMinimum Requirements:Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of theoretical foundation in the principles and practices of leadership development and community service work.
- Experience in event planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of developing outcomes and assessment.
- Experience in advising students at the college or university level.
- Knowledge of budget development and oversight.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with computers and basic software applications.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with and relate to diverse populations.
- Ability to create and maintain community partnerships.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references.
A background screening is required.
Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
Flexibility to adjust work schedule (including frequent evening and weekend hours) is required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 15 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 05 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time