Registered Nurse II
Job no: 514634
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession
Department:27011000 - HA-HSC PRIVACY OFFICE
Registered Nurse IIJob Description:
Conduct COVID-19 interviews, including identifying, contacting and interviewing close contacts of cases and monitoring contacts and cases. Conduct physical assessments; take medical histories. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and their families, professional or community groups; maintain contact with public agencies that are involved with aspects of the research of general public health care; maintain records in compliance with Florida Department of Health and the University of Florida.
Provide COVID-related education to cases and contacts and provide test information to the UF community.
Coordinate and evaluate the collection of project data; coordinate data management system; create data collection tools, as needed. Obtain and record project data in conjunction with physician and other professionals on the team; interview subjects; review medical records; assist in planning nursing aspects of the project. Collect, record, organize, transcribe and verify accuracy of project data; prepare data for computer input; perform analysis.
Perform specialized tasks such as COVID-19 testing and process laboratory specimens, as required.
Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision.
$60,000 - $65,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program and one year of professional nursing experience. Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.
Valid Florida driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
- RN required;
- Ability to collect, compile, evaluate, and analyze, data;
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize multiple work assignments with minimal direction;
- Ability to accurately enter data and respond in a timely manner to information requests;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive materials and act with discretion;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with faculty and staff, handle telephone calls and emails in a courteous and efficient manner;
- Outstanding computer knowledge and skills with demonstrated skill using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat;
- Ability to operate phone system using Finesse and Jabber;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, high levels of attention to detail, reliability, and professionalism;
- Ability to work well in a team, kind and considerate, thoughtful of diverse populations.
Please upload the following - CV or Resume, Cover Letter and List of Professional References.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 15 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time