Scientific Laboratory Manager
Job no: 514643
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department:29052001 - MD-INST FOR THERAPEUTIC INNOV
Scientific Laboratory ManagerJob Description:
Lab manager duties:
• Supervise and coordinate daily operation of virological experimentation and maintain all tissue culture cell lines and reagents.
• Manage laboratory resources including budget and personnel
• Generate and track invoices
• Maintain annual budgets and generate financial reports
• Supervise students and other staff
• Maintain all University EH&S laboratory safety guidelines and records.
• Ensure compliance with federal regulations for hazardous waste disposal.
• Ensure compliance with biosafety inspections.
• Develop laboratory procedures, protocols and SOP documents.
• Researches and evaluates new products, compares and negotiates best vendor quotes
• Directs the daily maintenance programs for laboratory instruments and other laboratory equipment
• Coordinates work orders for maintenance
• Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
• Review statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field of quality control.
• Provide consultation to staff and outside investigators on proposal development.
• Schedule experimental analysis to meet analysis timelines and milestones.
• Assist in writing reports and writing manuscripts.
Routine Research Duties
• Maintain a laboratory equipment for continuous operation
• Responsible for virological experimentation
• Perform method development of new virological assays
• Maintain laboratory supplies and inventory.
• Maintain all research data and records.
• Review and provide analysis of data generated in the laboratory
• Write and maintain standard operating procedures.
• Identify problems, troubleshoot and resolve variation in complex experiments and procedures independently or with help of experts
• Modify, refine and adapt techniques and procedures
• Serve as an expert in conducting specialized techniques and procedures.
• Participate into multiple, concurrent projects or multi-faceted projects.
• Set and define standards for the collection of data, for accuracy, validity and integrity.
• Define, collect and analyze data for accuracy, validity and integrity.
• Adapt and modify experimental methods based upon interpretation of data.
• Evaluate documentation of results
• Lead efforts to modify and adapt research methodologies in collaboration with others.
Research and Development
• Propose alternative research methods, techniques and initiatives
• Research literature demonstrating and understanding of scientific and experimental theory to design detailed methods, procedures and techniques.
• Identify data collection methodology.
• Identify resources needed to conduct experiments.
• Collaborate with others (from same lab, other lab or different department) to plan and design data collection, technology and analysis.
• Gather information to prepare budget and propose estimates for acquisition of supplies and equipment
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:• Requires 2+ years working experience in antiviral pharmacodynamics.
• Fundamental knowledge of scientific principles and laboratory techniques
• Fundamental knowledge of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
• Knowledge of virological and tissue culture techniques
• High sophistication of computer literacy and lab equipment automationSpecial Instructions to Applicants:Upload CV for consideration for this position.This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 16 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time