End User Computing Specialist II
Job no: 514627
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:14200800 - IT-AT LEARNING SPACES SUPPORT
End User Computing Specialist IIJob Description:
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking a professional level End User Computing Specialist II, to join Academic Technology- Technology Support Services (AT-TSS), a unit within UFIT.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Provide high-level first and second tier technical support for instructors using classroom technology and audio-visual equipment support in all classrooms in the College of Law
- Respond to and resolve technical assistance from faculty, staff, and students
- Assist in the development of completed system schematics, equipment lists, requisitions, and physical room and equipment integrations plans to ensure the designed system will meet end user needs and campus standards.
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communications Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.Expected Salary:
$19.16-$21.55 per hour, commensurate based on education and experience.
In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.Minimum Requirements:
Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).
Valid Florida driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must:
- Demonstrate high levels of customer service delivery in an IT Desktop Support role
- Adapt basic computer programming knowledge to other programming applications
- Work well in groups and independently
- Develop into a lead installer and certified Crestron programmer
- Understand and connect complex A/V systems
- Communicate concisely with vendors and manufacturers regarding product issues and needs
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 16 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time