Associate Director of Recruiting
Job no: 513657
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Other
Department:24020200 - LW-CAREER SERVICE
Over the last several years, the University of Florida Levin College of Law has expanded our national profile through a number of strategic initiatives. Several of the achievements include:
- enrolling our most highly credentialed J.D. class and ranking 15th in the country in student selectivity;
- continuing commitment to diversity - 30% of the incoming class are racially or ethnically diverse students, 45% are women, and 23% are first-generation college;
- hiring fourteen new full-time faculty members over the past 18 months;
- unveiling a new Office of Career and Professional Development with four new full-time student advisors;
- renovating 15,000+ square feet to create a beautiful, new student-centered space;
- investing in our Graduate Tax program and maintaining our ranking as the third best tax program in the country; and
- announcing more than $55 million in new contributions, including a record-breaking $20 million to endow a health law program.
The changes at the school have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as we reached our highest-ever ranking, placing 31st among all law schools, 12th among public law schools, and 1st in the state of Florida. To continue our success and trajectory, we are seeking a dynamic Associate Director of Recruiting who embraces an environment of innovation and continual improvement and seeks to be a part of this exciting time at the school.
-Responsible for the planning and execution of all law school recruiting programs including all on-campus and off-campus interview programs. Facilitate multiple practice interview programs. Manage school and student participation in regional and consortium job fairs. Create regional interview and recruitment programs for students and recent graduates. These programs shall include an increased emphasis on AmLaw 200 firms and legal employers throughout Florida and nationally. Collaborate with career advisors to develop appropriate programming, services, and guidelines for ensuring that our students are well-prepared for interview programs. Market on-campus interview and recruitment programs to employers nationwide and educate and inform our students regarding the employers and opportunities within these programs.
-Perform research to identify potential employers, conduct targeted outreach to employers, and coordinate employer outreach by faculty, administrators, and alumni. Develop and execute marketing materials, programming, and other strategies to educate potential employers about the strengths of our students, expand the number of employers interviewing our students, and advocate for our students with employers nationwide. Design and implement programs and processes to track the specific needs of legal employers, to identify students well-positioned to meet those needs, and to foster connections between employers and students.
-Collaborate with career advisors to develop and implement programming and materials designed to educate and prepare law students for complex legal practice. The programming is expected, at least initially, to focus on private sector employment.
-Serve as student group liaison to manage employer relationships with student groups. Develop and maintain relationships with legal employers to increase internship, externship, and permanent employment opportunities for students and alumni.Expected Salary:
Commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- J.D. degree strongly preferred.
- Process oriented leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Flexibility, the ability to manage multiple projects under pressure, and the ability to balance priorities.
- Knowledge of the legal marketplace and hiring.
- Experience in and knowledge of best practices for customer relationship management (CRM) and lead management.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to collect and analyze data and provide summary reports.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have managed hiring at elite law firms, worked in a law school career services office, have experience placing associates and partners in law firms, and/or have overseen attorney professional development programs at elite law firms.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, developing, and maintaining professional networks, budget management, and project management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and ability to master technology used in the office such as Symplicity and OSCAR.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 19 Feb 2020 Eastern Standard Time