Job no: 514589
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:36020000 - PHHP-COM EPIDEMIOLOGY
OPS-Sponsored Projects Non-ClericalJob Description:
The University of Florida's (UF) Department of Epidemiology seeks a compassionate, detail-oriented individual to function as an interviewer for a study of Kratom, a legal herb for consumption, using a structured diagnostic interview. Interviews will be conducted over the phone. Interviews will be scheduled by the coordinator or by the interviewer based on a set schedule, which will be flexible and require some evening and weekend hours. Interviewer should feel comfortable with working at a fast pace while maintaining an attention to detail. This position requires a genuine regard for diverse peoples and an outgoing personality. Prior research experience and familiarity with ethical conduct of research is preferred.
Working directly with participants, interviewer will obtain informed consent, administer the structured diagnostic interview for Kratom, edit the interview, download the interview to the secure database, and document their activities. He/she must ensure participants’ privacy and confidentiality throughout the research. Interviewer will be trained and must be certified as competent before beginning work.
OPS Interviewer will assist with General Research Procedures and team activities:
- Interviewing participants based on IRB approved protocol
Scheduling, reminding and screening participants for participation
Editing interviews and ensuring accuracy of recorded information
- Attending Research staff meetings
Assist with other duties as neededExpected Salary:
$15.00 - $18.00 per hour, depending on experience, education and skillsMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
- Prior research experience and familiarity with ethical conduct of research is preferred
- Experience working in a research or academic setting is desirable
- Incumbent must have the willingness and ability to learn new tasks, be resourceful and be a problem solver
- Must be able to work independently, maintain confidentiality, and exercise good judgment at all times
- Must be reliable and responsible, communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), be committed to participant protection and privacy, and have high personal integrity
- High level of attention to detail is essential
Incumbent must attend paid-training and pass project-specific competencies to be successful in this position.
This is a part-time position at 20 hours per week. Specific schedule may vary but will be expected to include some evening and weekend hours.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 10 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time