OPS Research Coordinator
Job no: 514591
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:36020000 - PHHP-COM EPIDEMIOLOGY
OPS-Sponsored Projects Non-ClericalJob Description:
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) OPS Research Coordinator position in th the Department of Epidemiology to assist a faculty member with managing interviewers, research protocol aand related documentation including IRB applications. The schedule for this position will vary during the week and will include some weekend hours.
- Assisting with hiring, training, scheduling and supervising Interviewers
- Screening and scheduling potential participants for interviews and maintaining study visit calendar
- Typing and editing of diagnostic structured interview based on faculty work
- Assisting faculty member with dissemination of findings from study, including assisting with preparation and editing of abstracts, presentations and publications
- Preparing and submitting IRB paperwork and revisions
$18-20 per hour, depending on education, skills and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent and at least one year of research-relevant experience.
- Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor's degree with at least two years of relevant experience or graduate degree in Psychology, Public Health or related field
- Experience working in a research or academic setting
- Experience with IRB submissions or protocols
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills (including the MS Office Suite)
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement
- Ability to identify priorities and shift when necessary
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Additionally, please provide a writing sample to be considered for this position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive workforce. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 10 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time