OPS Part-Time Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician
Job no: 514431
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28340000 - VM-OCALA CLINIC
OPS Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician I/IIJob Description:
- This position will act as an emergency technician and offers an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of UF PETS.
- Thus, we are seeking an individual who has excellent nursing skills, an interest in working with other technicians, and assisting with teaching residents and students in techniques and protocols.
- We are looking for an outgoing individual with good communication skills and a lot of initiative.
- This individual will be involved with client communications, patient care, teaching veterinary students and technicians, and communicating with referring veterinarians.
- Applicants should have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, anesthesia, emergency and critical care procedures, bandaging techniques, and basic veterinary medicine.
$15.00- $18.00 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.Preferred Qualifications:
• Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or certified veterinary technician
• Knowledge of animal care and nursing, especially critical care.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
• Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications.
• Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person); as well as good literacy skills
• Good computer skills.
• Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
• Ability to set priorities and solve problems
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 04 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time