OPS Citizen Scientist - Maternal and Infant Health Services
Job no: 514303
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Other, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29240101 - MD-HOBI-GENERAL
OPS Sponsored ProjectsJob Description:
The Department of Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics is seeking a Citizen Scientist to be part of a research team working to understand quality of care for maternal and infant health services. The Citizen Scientist will represent their own perspective rather than speak on behalf of a certain patient, community, or sociodemographic group.
Individuals who work in this capacity come from a variety of backgrounds and have diverse areas of interest, yet fulfill the role of providing input on the research topic such as identifying research questions, study design, patient recruitment ideas, methodology and tools used for research, review of patient materials, and issues of patient privacy. The Citizen Scientist will assist with reviewing measures that are relevant to understanding quality of care for maternal and infant health services. The Citizen Scientist will share their input and opinions through email and participation in ongoing meetings, and to pose questions that may otherwise go unasked.
Responsibilities of a Citizen Scientist:
- Serve on the research study team to give continued feedback
- Attend weekday meetings by phone, video call using Zoom, or in-person between 8 am-5 pm
- Share input, opinions, and ask questions during meetings
- Maintain communication via email, phone, and periodic face-to-face meetings as needed
- Serve as link between researchers and the community
- Learn about new topics and employ critical thinking
- Have basic computer literacy including email use, or willingness to learn
- Participate in online training and certifications
- Commit no more than 4 hours a week to the study
- Part-time member of the research team
Additional Requirements as Assigned:
- Review research proposals submitted for funding
- Consult on grant applications (read, review, provide feedback)
- Offer input on research study participant recruitment materials such as flyers or emails
- Work with researchers to identify research problems of importance to the community
- Give input on plans to share research study findings with the community
- Complete the Citizen Scientist online training curriculum
$20.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
- 18 years old and above
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in team settings
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
This requisition is being used to fill multiple openings.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 03 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time