Academic Advisor I
Job no: 514560
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support
Department:26090100 - HH-THEM ADMIN/INSTRUCTION
Academic Advisor IJob Description:
Undergraduate Academic Advising:
• Provide academic and general information to current and prospective residential and online (UF online) undergraduate students interested in degrees or minors offered by the department, including course schedules, tracking, probation, career coaching, study abroad, and the petitions process.
• Review SASS audits for students and make necessary adjustments and/or corrections regarding substituted courses, requirement waivers, courses included in grade point average, and catalog year.
• Provide current and prospective students information regarding the change of major and transfer admissions processes.
• Administer admission decisions for transfer and change of major students.
• Manage communications with new and prospective students via phone, e-mail and letter.
Graduate Program Assistance:
• Organize and maintain confidential academic records and data for graduate students enrolled in residential and online programs in THEM. Monitor graduate students’ progress towards degree, and graduation/exit date for specialized reports.
• Assist students regarding admission, registration, drop/add procedures, department policies and procedures related to the graduate program.
• Monitor content on department website related to the graduate program and submit revision requests to web master as policies or courses change or new content is needed, in concert with the Graduate Coordinator.
• Assist the Graduate Coordinator with compiling and maintaining enrollment and graduation statistics for graduate programs. Provide data reports throughout year regarding applications, decisions, and enrollment to the faculty, Graduate Coordinator, Department Chair and Associate Dean of the College.
• Assist with development and maintenance of the THEM graduate student handbook: MS, PhD
Undergraduate Academic Support Duties:
• Process degree credit evaluation forms.
• Process forms requiring a dean and/or chair’s signature, such as Drop/Add, S/U or minor applications.
• Help process degree applications, including signing degree applications, preliminary and final certification, and processing late degree requests.
• Work with other College advisors to conduct Preview, transfer, freshman orientation and convocation
• Serve as second level back up to department staff. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
$45,000 - $46,500 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in education, counseling, or an academic field directly related to the advisor’s area of responsibility; or a bachelor's degree in education, counseling, or an academic field directly related to the advisor’s area of responsibility and one year of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s degree in education, counseling, or an academic field directly related to the advisor’s area of responsibility and one year of relevant experience.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload to this requisition a cover letter, resume and at least three professional references that can be contacted.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 02 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time