Job no: 514525
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Department:04050000 - SA-DEAN OF STUDENTS
Process CoordinatorJob Description:
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the administrative tasks for this program which includes significant interaction with students, families, faculty, and attorneys, provide support to an Associate Director and three Assistant Directors, in addition to representing the Dean of Students Office on departmental, divisional, and University-wide Committees on an as-needed basis.
Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution, a component of the Dean of Students Office, is responsible for the addressing alleged violations of the University of Florida Student Conduct Code and Honor Code. The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the administrative tasks for this program which includes significant interaction with students, families, faculty, and attorneys, provide support to an Associate Director and three Assistant Directors, in addition to representing the Dean of Students Office on departmental, divisional, and University-wide Committees on an as-needed basis. The Coordinator assists in the overall administration of the student conduct evaluating incoming reports to make appropriate charging decision, reviewing student sanction submissions, managing and keeping appropriate records, and liaising with multiple campus partners to promote an efficient resolution process.
- Make charging decisions on incoming reports, create and manage records within the student conduct database, create/send case correspondence, and coordinate/reschedule administrative meetings for professional staff with an assigned caseload.
- Coordinate case completion for Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution. This may include evaluating submitted documentation, updating records and running reports within the student conduct database, sending correspondence related to case status, and placing holds on student accounts.
- Manage the record overlay and service indicator processes for all cases.
- Act as resource person who will answer phone calls, emails, and respond to walk-in traffic and explain conduct procedures for students, faculty, staff, families, lawyers, law enforcement, and campus partners.
- Plan/coordinate events/workshops and facilitate seminars for Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution as designated by the supervisor, including managing the seat reservation system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to: updating and revising letters and forms in the conduct database, booking hearing rooms, liaise with Law enforcement, website updates, travel coordination, working with other staff to maintain customer service and efficiency of the Dean of Students Office, and like functions.
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and University-wide Committees
$42,846.00Minimum Requirements:Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience.
- Experience handling confidential matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with collegiate conduct systems preferred
- Proficient in Maxient conduct database
You must upload your cover letter and resume by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 02 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time