Implementation Support Specialist- Education/Training Spec II
Job no: 514604
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Out of the State of Florida
Department:18300000 - ED-LASTINGER CENTER
Education/Training Spec IIJob Description:
The Lastinger Center for Learning is an education innovation hub within UF’s College of Education focused on creating equitable education systems that improve teaching and learning across early childhood and K-12 education. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children’s educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation’s elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against UF’s service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life.
This position is a member of the Early Learning Implementation Success team, led by the Chief Operating Officer.
Facilitation & Implementation
- Facilitate face-to-face, virtual and online (synchronous and asynchronous) professional development learning experiences for early care and education professionals.
- Support team members in facilitating face-to-face and virtual professional development learning experiences.
- Assist in evaluation of professional development offerings, including assessment of Communities of Practice portfolios and coaching videos.
- Coordinate with field staff of the project to ensure consistency in implementation and effective communication structures.
- Build community-based systems based on stakeholder input.
- Engage with instructors, TA coaches, Communities of Practice facilitators to support implementation of high quality content and resources based on current research and best practices.
- Serve as a liaison between participants and tech support to resolve technology and/or platform issues.
- Assess and respond to ongoing needs of participants to provide continuous improvement in the project or initiative.
- Cultivate relationships with local community and business partners to provide additional support to ensure success of the project.
Content and Product Development
- Design professional development learning experiences (F2F and online) in partnership with the Implementation Design and Content Development teams.
- Assess ongoing needs of participants to inform design changes in training content.
- Supplement professional learning experiences with the collection, creation, and curation of early learning online resources.
- Recruit and enroll participants.
- Design and disseminate materials for marketing, recruitment, and project communications in collaboration with the Strategy Team.
- Distribute and collect documentation from participants, such as applications, surveys, questionnaires, focus groups, etc. and other data needed to support evaluation of projects.
- Manage data collection and generate reports for relevant qualitative data collection in collaboration with Research and Design Team.
- Track project performance to monitor progress towards meeting goals and satisfying contract deliverables in collaboration with Client Management Team.
- Locate and set up locations, supplies, equipment and refreshments for professional development events, site visits, workshops, and meetings.
- Troubleshoot challenges and provide technical assistance as needed to participants.
- Work collaboratively with Gainesville-based administrative supports when appropriate to assure streamlined coordination and successful execution of administrative activities.
- Collaborate with all Lastinger Center teams to promote high quality instructional practices and ensure project implementation success.
- Maintain communication with external clients to assist Client Management team with expansion and renewal efforts to ensure long-term partnerships.
- Engage in work groups and project design as deemed necessary by leadership team.
Other duties as assignedExpected Salary:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience with evidence-based coaching and facilitation of professional learning communities
This is a time-limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume. Multiple offers of employment maybe made from this requisition.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 10 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 16 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time