OPS Necropsy Assistant
Job no: 514370
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28334050 - VM-NECROPSY/DISPOSAL
Necropsy Full-Time Assistant (OPS)Job Description:
- The Necropsy/Disposal service within the University of Florida Veterinary Hospital Diagnostic Laboratory is seeking a full-time Necropsy Assistant to work 40 hours per week assisting faculty, students, and staff. We are looking for a person interested in long term employment within our service.
- The person will be assisting in the performance of a necropsy (autopsy on an animal) which requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 50 lbs unassisted and work in an environment with strong odors without being affected by them.
- In addition to the duties on the pathology floor, the candidate will be preparing accurate customer billing statements and processing payments for services.
- Varying hours range from Sunday through Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Additional job duties include:
- Cleaning and stocking the necropsy room, trim room, and camera room
- Bagging and filing of case material is an essential part of this position
- The computer software experience is needed to accurately generate client and patient information in the paperless medical records system, training will be provided.
- Scanning and attaching records in the paperless medical record system will also be required as well as ordering supplies and tracking inventory.
- Assist in the necropsy, cremation, and/or rendering process daily.
- Equipment operation and maintenance (hoist, band saw, trolley, digester).
$9.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High School diplomaPreferred Qualifications:BSA with animal and customer service experienceSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants will need to upload a cover letter, resume, and reference letters.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 08 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time