Job no: 514571
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Department:04040000 - SA-CAREER CONNECTIONS CENTER
In support of the University of Florida’s academic mission and to propel its continued rise in the rankings, the Career Foundations area sets the standard for student and employer engagement within career services. We are generalists that establish the strategy to serve all student and industry populations through a signature experience. We lead the center’s early engagement efforts for students and employers introducing them to the initial stages of recruitment and career development.
Provides individual and group career planning services to all University of Florida students. Facilitates general individual career planning appointments, drop-in services, and small group coaching to University of Florida undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and colleges. Coordinates day-to-day processes for Express Drop-In and serves as primary facilitator of this service.
Facilitates general career education workshops, for-credit course material, and large group programs to University of Florida undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and colleges. Implements elements of the Career Action Plan and career development theory to all workshops and programs. Works collaboratively with Career Engagement team to plan for internal career development programs semesterly.
Facilitates external career development programming and outreach to student organizations, campus partners, and faculty to promote career services and the Career Connections Center. Coordinates day-to-day outreach administration and serves as primary facilitator of general outreach presentations. Engages campus partners (i.e. alumni, staff, faculty, employers, families) to facilitate programs and services to assist students with career exploration and preparation. Creates targeted messaging to students about career development services and programs. Provides general career development programming to student organizations, campus partners, and faculty to champion the value of gaining experience to students.
Aids in maintaining quantitative and qualitative records for various types of interactions for assessment and reporting purposes to demonstrate impact. Responsible for tracking and reporting on student engagement for campus stakeholders. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of career development trends.
Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor and higher authorities in the department and division. Lives out the career center’s values in all aspects of their job functions.
Career Connections Center Values:
- We advocate for all aspects of diversity
- We actively foster community
- We empower professional growth and personal care
- We are driven to make a purposeful impact
- We carry a spirit of creativity and innovation
- We play!
Education: Master’s degree in an appropriate area or a bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience
Training: Certified Career Services Practitioner (CCSP) to be obtained within the first year of employment.Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, social sciences, education, student personnel, or human resources (HR)
- Two (2) years of experience (minimum) in career development, education, career coaching, HR, stakeholder engagement, marketing.
- Experience working inclusively with diverse populations
- Experience with presenting and facilitating large groups.
- Knowledge of career development, employment trends, student development, career services, career coaching, and outreach strategies
- Skilled in computer applications
- Facilitative skills
- Good presentations skills, listening skills, helping skills, relationship management, and program development
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team
In order to be considered, please input your cover letter, resume, and reference list.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 08 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time