Care Area Medical Petition Program Assistant
Job no: 514579
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Department:04050000 - SA-DEAN OF STUDENTS
The Program Assistant works within the Care Area of the Dean of Students Office and provides services related to processing medical petitions, fatality reports, weekly care updates and incident reports. The Program Assistant also performs other administrative duties as needed
- Manages the collection of petition documents submitted for review by Medical Petitions Committee. Processes and reviews materials for all medical petitions submitted. Sends correspondence to students about the status of their medical petitions.
- Completes administrative functions to support Medical Petitions Committee. Prepares weekly agendas, ensures timely and accurate documentation of committee decisions into relevant University of Florida system involved in medical petition processing.
- Identifies functional enhancements to the Medical Petition Portal application to improve timely processing of medical petitions. Submits process improvements to overall petition process to improve efficiency. Maintains records to support analysis of Medical Petitions.
- Works with members of processing team to move petitions to completion. Assists the Care Area with administrative functions as needed. Delivers customer service support to students, faculty, document providers or families with medial petition process.
- Inputs information and sends memos regarding fatalities of students, both current and non-current, using the Dean of Students Office database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Sensitivity to medical and mental health issues.
- Experience handling confidential matters
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a résumé.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
This is a time-limited position.Health Assessment Required: No
Advertised: 13 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time