PAYROLL TECHNICIAN I
PAYROLL TECHNICIAN I
Posting Number: SRGV4645
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To provide the technical skills required in the processing of payrolls and related data within a highly technical payroll system. Responsible for preparing and submitting payrolls and related monthly reports.
Description of Duties:
• Acts as front-line contact for payroll department, screening and providing assistance to general inquiries at front counter or telephone.
• Evaluates general Payroll e-mail inbox activity, routing as appropriate and tracking responses from applicable payroll staff.
• Logs and reviews incoming documents for completeness, reasonableness, proper approvals, and communicates with various departments/supervisor/employees to resolve inconsistencies.
• Reviews and verifies data in HRMS system.
• Initiates payroll exit process for employees who are terminating employment with UTRGV.
• Tracks and processes retirement forms and forwards to appropriate state agency.
• Analyzes payroll check activity for follow-up action with regard to stop payments, stale-dated checks, voids/reversals and prepares accounting documents for check processing.
• Responsible for upload/confirmation of direct deposit transactions.
• Prepares Web Time Entry compliance reports and statistical graph to vice-presidents utilizing data from standard reports.
• Responsible for monitoring student work schedules and actual time worked.
• Responsible for general office needs such as office supplies, maintenance of recurring subscriptions, submitting orders via I-Shop.
• Provides general assistance to Payroll staff, collecting data necessary for research, follow-up action.
• Provides general assistance to Tax Compliance Office staff.
• Prepares and monitors Records Retention activity/logs for Payroll as well as Tax Office documentation.
• Receives incoming mail and distributes as applicable.
• Meets daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines.
• May be assigned to assist with special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Business/vocational school training or college coursework in accounting or business.
One (1) year of payroll experience and/or two years accounting/bookkeeping experience.
Use of standard office equipment. Typing/data entry skills and ten key calculator by touch.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work may be required.
Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Must be able to exercise patience and tact in dealing with irate/upset employees. Must be able to stoop and reach to retrieve and replace files and documents. May be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds unaided. Must have ability to move between offices and buildings.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/14/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25764
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency