Temporary Nurse Practitioner
Temporary Nurse Practitioner
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Nurse Practitioner works as part of the larger WPI Health Services team focusing on assessment, diagnosis and care for all students with acute and chronic medical needs. The Nurse Practitioner provides confidential, evidence based, high quality, timely, direct medical care that is respectful to all individuals. With a strong commitment and respect for diversity, this position supports the promotion of wellness, personal growth and academic success of WPI students.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide direct patient care to students including managing acute, recurrent and chronic health issues.
- Conduct preventative health screenings for women and men including contraceptive guidance, STI testing and sexual health counseling.
- Triage patients with acute urgent medical situations promptly and refer as needed for appropriate emergency or follow up care.
- Review all pertinent medical information in the patient's electronic health record.
- Obtain a thorough medical history, perform physical exams and order, obtain and review pertinent lab data.
- Provide treatment recommendations and prescribe medications according to evidence-based medicine and in accordance with the practice guidelines.
- Provide medical care for students with COVID-19 through telehealth and in-person appointments.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with patients and families while providing culturally competent care.
- Refer to appropriate medical and mental health consultants and specialists as needed.
- Consult with the Director, Nurse Practitioner colleagues and Physician Consultants appropriately.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of infection control prevention.
- Collaborate and provide consultation to various campus departments.
- Participate in campus committees as needed.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- Licensure to practice in Massachusetts as an Advanced Practice Nurse with board certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner with MCSR and DEA prescriptive authority.
- Three to five years' experience in Primary Care, Internal Medicine or Urgent Care setting required.
- Experience in a college health setting strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with an adolescent/young adult population.
- Experience with EMR's.
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Nurse-Practitioner_R0001079
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency