Director/Senior Director of Marketing
The Director/Senior Director of Marketing is responsible for raising awareness of MBU program offerings and generating new student leads, with emphasis on developing the enrollment funnel for online degree programs. They serve as a key member of the Integrated Communications team and partner closely with the university’s Enrollment team.
The position is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of integrated marketing plans that support the university’s mission and meet enrollment goals for online, graduate, and undergraduate residential programs.
Specifically, the position will oversee market research and analysis, messaging, channel strategy (including advertising), content strategy, and measurement. This position will work closely with the Director of Creative Strategy, the Social Media Manager, and others to create content in service of marketing plans. They will also provide regular status reports to the Senior AVP of Integrated Communications and other relevant stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, implements, and evaluates dynamic marketing plans for a variety of programs (online, graduate, and undergraduate residential) and their distinct audiences, with emphasis on adult learners.
- Works with the Senior AVP and key stakeholders to prioritize programs, identify their unique value propositions, and establish marketing goals.
- Leverages research, data, and performance analytics to develop key insights that inform marketing strategy.
- Oversees advertising strategy, including ad buys (digital, broadcast, print, etc.) and routine measurement of ad programs for effectiveness.
- Directs content for flagship website, microsites, and other university web properties.
- Partners with university subject matter experts, consultants, and the Director of Creative Strategy to create messaging, campaigns, and content (print, digital, etc.) in support of marketing strategy.
- Monitors performance of marketing programs, reports on progress, and adapts programs as analytics suggest is necessary.
- Develops and manages the annual marketing budget.
- Consults with the Associate Vice President, External Affairs to identify key constituencies for earned media and speaking/sponsorship opportunities that will raise awareness of the university and its brand.
Experience: At least ten years of experience in marketing roles that include development and execution of campaigns with significant digital elements and specified performance objectives. Experience in marketing for online degree programs required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; advanced degree preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Record of managing successful marketing campaigns in support of online degree programs.
- Ability to engage adult learners through various tactics and channels.
- Ability to develop and implement institutional marketing plans, advertising programs, and budgets.
- Ability to track, report, and interpret marketing analytics.
- Awareness of and desire to stay current with marketing trends and technology.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal, managerial, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, creative leads, and project managers.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects at once, meet deadlines, and adjust as needed relative to available resources and time-sensitive developments.
- Ability to function effectively within and contribute positively to a diverse multi-ethnic, multicultural student population and campus environment.
Candidates who can work in person on Staunton, Virginia campus preferred, but a remote work arrangement may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates please submit cover letter and resume via Apply link.
About Mary Baldwin University
Founded in 1842, Mary Baldwin University has a proud legacy of innovating to best serve our students as the world changes. We are a small, coeducational university offering a range of degree programs from bachelor to doctoral. We serve a diverse student population on our main campus in historic Staunton, Virginia, Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in nearby Fishersville, and MBU Online.
We seek forward-thinking women and men to join us at Mary Baldwin University in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Together, our students, faculty, staff, and alumni create a community dedicated to bringing out the best in small, private education.
Apply for Director/Senior Director of Marketing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly