Sr. Financial Analyst
The Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration of Oberlin College invites applications for the position of Financial Analyst. This is a full-time, 12-month, Administrative and Professional Staff position reporting to the Director of Budget and Financial Planning.
Responsibilities will include serving as a liaison between key business partners and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations; develops various business analyses using Banner, ARGOS and Tableau software; develops, monitors, and maintains various financial metrics and key performance indicators for management; assists with revenue/formula funding analysis and calculations for new or changes to existing academic programs as requested; provides financial analysis for Procurement RFP’s as needed; prepares graphical and narrative presentations, as assigned; provides budgeting/financial support to College divisions; prepares monthly management reports; manages special projects for the Finance Division as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field with a systems minor/systems coursework or previous experience with financial systems.
• Strong background in the use of technology and analytical tools. Proven experience with Advanced Microsoft Excel functions required; proven experience with Oracle or other relational databases, and Banner Finance system and ODS preferred.
• Minimum five years of related financial experience with strong background in accounting, budgeting and financial data management.
• Substantial knowledge of computer applications for business and finance and experience with database querying tools.
• Ability to develop complex financial reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis and synthesis of findings.
• Ability to extract financial data from various accounting and information systems and perform complex statistical, financial and cost accounting analysis of data for use in planning and decision-making
See job ad at jobs.oberlin.edu for full list of qualifications.