Mechanical Maintenance Manager
Under direction of the Senior Director of Facilities, the Supervisor MEP is responsible for the supervision of the HVAC shop and oversees the Electrical & Plumbing Shop Supervisors and their shops. The HVAC shop consists of 6 Mechanical Equipment Specialists and 2 Repairers responsible for the performance of work including, but not limited to, mechanical maintenance, adjustment, and repair of heating, air conditioning, and refrigerating systems and auxiliary equipment. The Supervisors of the Electric Shop and the Plumbing Shop will collaborate with the Supervisor MEP so that they can assist in establishing and evaluating unit programs and goals, develop policies and procedures in accordance with college policies and objectives. The supervisor will also exercise authority of Senior Director of Facilities over Maintenance Shops.
- Ability to lead in planning and coordinating work of the unit including setting goals, planning and implementing work programs, and developing policies and procedures.
- Ability to keep necessary records.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and methods of the installation, construction, repair, rebuilding and maintenance of mechanical systems and equipment, which involves
the general and comprehensive responsibility for its efficient functioning.
- Licensed in Mechanical Systems, Blue, Black and Red Seals.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree.
- Four (4) years of professional facility management experience in overseeing all aspects of property and equipment management and recommending solutions for all operational issues.
NOTE: A Master's degree may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
NOTE: A Ph.D or Ed.D degree may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
Appointee will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.