OSP Pre-Award, Mgr
Job no: 493075
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Academic Programs, Research
To develop and implement research development activities at Boise State University in direct support of the research mission of the university.Level Scope:
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid-term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead a project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the OSP Pre-Award, Assistant Director must:
● Initiate and coordinate development and submission of large, multidisciplinary, transdisciplinary, institution-wide or collaborative grant proposals to a wide range of funding agencies and organizations
● Coordinate training and education programs related to highest quality proposal development.
● Develop and maintain connections with funding agencies and potential partners
● Newsletter, calendar of recurring solicitations, upcoming solicitations
● Regularly assess and refine research development goals, strategies and methods.
● Develop working relationships with research development personnel at other universities via participation in national organizations such as National Organization of Research Development Professionals or similar professional organizations.
● Supervise, coach and mentor staff, complete performance evaluations, distribute workload
● Coordinate the flow of information among collaborators and their respective departments to ensure consistent and effective communication
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Effective time and deadline management skills
● Ability to present and communicate complex solicitation requirements in simplified, easy-to-digest format
● Experience in proposal preparation and writing experience for interdisciplinary proposals submitted to federal government agencies
● Ability to facilitate large group discussions
● Knowledge of federal, state, and university grant programs that support research, instruction and public service across disciplines and their submission processes
● Superior written and verbal communications skills
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience or equivalent including 3 years of managerial experience
Preferred Qualifications:Master of Public Administration, Master of Business Administration, or MS in Research Administration.
Experience managing proposal submissions at an institution of higher education.
Experience leading training programs for the campus community.Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment).
Advertised: September 14, 2020
Applications close: October 04, 2020