Department:: Undergrad Admissions
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Sep 14, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 05007
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Admissions Advisor (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Binghamton University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Admissions counselor to support undergraduate recruitment through identifying, selecting, and enrolling students. The Undergraduate Admissions Office seeks a highly self-motivated, dynamic individual with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to represent the University among prospective students, their families and colleagues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage data and recruitment activities including, but not limited to; high school visits, college fairs, hosting recruitment events, communication/outreach activities, virtual events and innovative presentation methods
- Build a strong working knowledge of Binghamton University, its programs, policies, staffing goals and history
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and rapport with area high schools, counselors, community colleges, community-based organizations, students, parents, alumni and professional organizations in order to develop and foster results to meet Binghamton University's enrollment goals
- Build, implement and maintain an effective communication and recruitment plan in conjunction with office-wide strategy and other related recruitment responsibilities
- Coordinate targeted area receptions and information sessions for recruitment and yield purposes with prospective students, applicants, parents, counselors and alumni in order to build awareness and increase enrollments from the specified area; these may involve working with representatives from other colleges or universities
- Prepare reports and innovative proposals to help understand territories and further goals of a region
- Participate in the development of operating goals and; recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance operations
- Review applications as an active member of application reading committees
- Build and maintain queries using a CRM
- Manage a special program or serve as a liaison between undergraduate admissions and another campus constituent
- Guide students through the admissions process via counseling and motivational speaking
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years previous admissions, enrollment and/or student recruitment experience
- Demonstrated speaking ability in both individual and very large group settings, analytical thinking, and creative problem solving
- Ability to maintain a flexible working schedule including frequent nights and weekends
- Experience working with and serving diverse populations
- Valid/clean driver's license to rent and operate a motor vehicle
- Knowledge of local, regional and national college counseling ethics, standards, trends, strategies and tactics
- Able to walk, stand for long periods, lift and carry boxes that weigh 25 lbs or more with or without accommodation
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Master's degree
- Experience with marketing and leveraging technology
- Experience with higher education admission CRM such as Slate and/or comprehensive student system such as Banner
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for data/based enrollment management techniques and can exercise sound and creative budget management
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: September 28, 2020
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.