Admissions Operations Assistant
Department:: Undergrad Admissions
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Sep 14, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 49961
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Binghamton University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Admissions Operations Assistant, working as a key member of the operations team in the Undergraduate Admissions office performing duties related to the processing and maintenance of admissions systems and operations.
- Develop and instill a customer service philosophy and culture, monitor and assess customer service as provided in-person, on phones and through virtual communications
- Supervise and manage operations staff, front desk staff and staff that supervise students
- Develop, maintain and run data edits to ensure the integrity of the admissions record and use edits to troubleshoot day-to-day record clean up
- Develop and build automated system loads, requiring knowledge of Banner and Slate
- Ensure applications are being processed accurately and efficiently
- Review and assess core admissions processes and make recommendations to streamline processes and improve service
- Assist with Banner and Slate testing, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Develop and implement a training protocol for admissions processes
- Oversee and monitor admissions email boxes, maintain canned responses, evaluate responses being sent out and provide statistics
- Develop and implement a training plan and calendar for the admissions cycle. Continuously assess, adjust and provide necessary training as needed
- Understand the admissions application process and be prepared to help others understand as needed
- Troubleshoot and assist staff when issues arise
- Implement quality control procedures
- Assist with the implementation of new systems, the training and adjustment of procedures and processes that are affected by such systems
- Assist in building processes in Slate and training and documentation for staff
- Assist in implementation of new Slate functionality
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated analytical thinking
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability with leaning new systems/technology
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced office environment
- 1-3 years of experience with CRM system (e.g., Slate, Salesforce)
- 1-2 years of experience with a student information system (e.g., Banner, PeopleSoft)
- 1-3 years of experience providing training or instruction
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 09/28/2020
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.