Night Custodial Supervisor
How to Apply to this PostingSpecial InstructionsPosting DetailsJob TitleNight Custodial SupervisorFLSA StatusNon ExemptPosted Salary Range$28,692Employment StatusFull TimeDepartmentFacilities ManagementMinimum Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D); and up to 3 years custodial experience.
Licensing Requirements: None.Purpose of Job
Direct the operational and personnel activities of the department as related to the custodial staff in campus buildings after hours. Receive special work assignments for staff members under his or her supervision from the day custodial supervisor.Scope of Responsibilities
1. Manage custodial supplies and test new products; manage use of equipment.
2. Direct the night time operations of approximately 5-7 personnel engaged in custodial services in campus buildings.
3. Inspect the work of personnel assigned, and direct corrective measures to secure satisfactory performance.
4. Instruct employees in methods and use of materials and equipment.
5. Assure that the rules and regulations of the University, policies and procedures of Facilities Management, and all safety regulations are known and observed by custodial staff.
6. Supervise preparation for special events.
7. Supervise personnel performing maintenance work after hours.
8. Manage all floor care maintenance.
The night custodial supervisor reports to the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management who provides general direction. Assignments will also be coordinated by the Day Custodial Supervisor.
The night custodial supervisor must work with staff and students. Success is based on the ability to work with an extremely broad social and intellectual assortment of people.
Communicative skills, both written and oral are required.
Direct the night-time operations of personnel engaged in custodial services in campus buildings.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of three years’ custodial experience.
High school graduate. Associate degree desirable.
Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
none requiredKnowledge Skills and Abilities
Have working knowledge of custodial equipment, floor care, and chemicals.
Ability to inspect equipment used to determine need for new parts, repairs, and overhaul replacement for cleanliness before and after use.
Ability to assist and set up university functions, to involve moving furniture as directed.
Assumes responsibility of the department when the day custodial supervisor is absent.
Ability to lead and work with cleaning staff in housekeeping services.
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of Non-Discrimination
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).