Research Associate #0249
- The Research Associate is responsible for conducted research on wind energy and microgrids.
- The Research Associate will support the PI to write research proposals (e.g. to NSF, DOE, and DOD).
- Responsible to supervise PhD Students in the group.
- Experience with Power electronics
- Power systems real-time modeling experience
- Analysis, and control experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Real-time and hardware-in-the-loop experience (e.g. Opal-RT and RTDS)
- Advanced data analytics with deep learnings
- Windfarm modeling and control
- Experience with Micorgrids
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time using a keyboard
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to lift and move boxes up to 25 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; bend and stoop
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- What is the highest level of education you currently hold?
- High School/GED
- ABD (All but dissertation)
- How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3