Research Associate #0251
- Develop advanced electrode material and process for the inactivation of pathogen and control of antibiotic resistant genes
- Develop advanced electrode material and process for the electrochemical treatment of emerging contaminants and disinfection
- Compile project reports
- Assist grant writing and student mentoring
- A Ph.D. degree in Environmental Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other related fields
- Specialized in either direction: electrocatalytic material synthesis/characterization, emerging contaminant analysis (using UPLC-MS and GC-MS), and PCR analysis
- •The successful applicant is expected to have rich experience in electrolysis process and molecular biological analysis
- Electrochemical oxidation water treatment
- Identification and quantification of antibiotic resistant genes in wastewater
- Isolation and quantification of bacteria and viruses in wastewater
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Special RequirementsOpen Date09/11/2020Close Date09/18/2020Open Until FilledYesApplicant Review Start Date09/18/2020Projected Start Date10/01/2020Special Instructions for this Posting
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- What is the highest level of education you currently hold?
- High School/GED
- ABD (All but dissertation)
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
(Open Ended Question)
- How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae