Cook - Evening Shift
Category:: Dining Services
Department:: Dining Services
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Sep 11, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Production Manager primarily for various food preparation and catering support activities.
Hours: Evening Shift- Primarily Noon-8 pm. This position would also work one weekend every three weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals for student menu including any allergy requests.
- Check the line to ensure quality and keep area clean and full of product.
- Must be able to follow food safety policies and procedures.
- Clean kitchen equipment and work area.
- Locate items from storage area and transport to work area for use in preparing menu plan and catering events.
- Assist in training student workers and new employees.
- Must be flexible to schedule adjustments.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide to include working with decimals and fractions.
- May be required to interpret results from the use of gauges and other adjustable measuring devices and formulas and specifications.
- One to three years of effective experience required and ability to lift, pull and/or push up to 50 pounds. Food service sanitation training required.
Central College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a drug-free and smoke-free campus.
A post-offer employment background check and pre-work physical will be conducted.
Please contact Human Resources with application questions by calling 641-628-5156 or emailing [email protected]