Technology Support Generalist
Perform technical installation and maintenance of the college’s computer hardware and software as well as classroom technology equipment at all college sites.Responsibilities
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and test computer hardware, classroom technology, multimedia hardware, and related peripherals including but not limited to: PCs, Macs, printers, scanners, projectors, multimedia switching equipment, etc.
- Install and troubleshoot software, both locally installed and cloud hosted, for instructional or administrative use.
- Provide consultation service, information, instruction, and support to end-users and departments over the phone, remotely, and in person.
- Perform a variety of tasks in support of the Information Technology department as needed to include, but not limited to, database updates, inventory control, and project support.
- Modify Active Directory user accounts per existing procedures. This activity addresses the resetting of passwords, account issues and provides user assistance on their accounts.
- Stays current on new and emerging technologies in computer hardware, software, and classroom technologies.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree - or - Relevant Technical Certifications –and/or- Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of applicable experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Driving and travel throughout the district is required using CAC or own transportation is considered an essential function of the position.
Licenses and Certificates: This position may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., Microsoft 365). This position requires a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application
Desired Certifications: Microsoft 365, Dell, A +, Security +
Special Notice Items: This position may be required to work rotating shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. This position will require to successful completion of an additional personal background verification due to need for this position to access law enforcement, corrections, or court facilities, property, and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications, and data base systems. This position may require occasionally inmate contact.
SALARY: Entry salary is $18.63 - $19.75 per hour (dependent upon qualifications)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
The level of background verification for this position is : Standard LevelKnowledge, Skills, & AbilitiesThe knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of the operation, installation, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of personal computer, computer peripherals.
- Knowledge of the operation, installation, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multimedia and classroom technology equipment.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures in performing various job tasks.
- Knowledge of the installation, operation, and troubleshooting of a variety of software applications including Windows 10, Office Suite, remote troubleshooting and repair applications, etc.
- Knowledge of the operations of Cisco networks.
- Outstanding customer service and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Skill in communication; interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, faculty, and staff.
- Skill in written documentation of technical steps taken in issue resolution.
- Skill in working independently to complete tasks.
- Skill in prioritizing work tasks and in completing them according to plan and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the educational environment and academic processes.
- Must have a team oriented mindset.
Must be a ble to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted, work on the floor, and climb a ladder.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.